- Archer, K., Nicholas, D.D., and Schultz, T.P. 1995. Screening of wood preservatives: comparison of the soil-block, agar-block, and agar-plate tests. Forest Products Journal, 45: 86-89.
- Backa, S., Gierer, J., Reitberger, T., and Nilsson, T. 1992. Hydroxyl radical activity in brown-rot fungi studied by a new chemiluminescence method. Holzforschung, 46: 61-67.
- Buschhaus, H.U., and Valcke, A.R. 1995. Triazoles: Synergism between propiconazole and tebuconazole. IRG/WP 95-30092, International Research Group on Wood Protection, Helsingør, Denmark.
- Creffield, J.W., Woods, T.L., and Chew, N. 1996. In-ground performance of two formulations of chlorothalonil after five years of exposure at three test sites in Australia. International Research Group on Wood Preservation, Doc. No.IRG/WP/96-30101.
- Freeman, M.H., Nicholas, D.D., and Schultz, T.P. 2006. In environmental impacts of treated wood; Townsend, T.G., and Solo-Gabriele, H. eds. Taylor & Francis Group: Boca Raton, FL, 19-36.
- Goodell, B., Jellison, J., Liu, J., Daniel, G., Paszcynski, A., Fekete, F., Krishnamurthy, S., Jun, L., and Xu, G. 1997. Low molecular weight chelators and phenolic compounds isolated from wood decay fungi. Biotechnol., 53: 133-162.
- Grace, J.K., Laks, P.E. and Yamamoto, R.T. 1993. Efficacy of chlorothalonil as a wood preservative against the Formosan subterranean termite. Forest Product Journal, 43 (1): 21-24.
- Green III, F.G., Crawford, D., Lebow, S., and Yoshimura, T. 2000. Relative toxicity of N’ N-napthaloylhydroxamine (NHA) toxicity against eastern and Formosan subterranean termites in southern yellow pine. Forest Products Journal, 40 (3): 235-239.
- Green III, F.G., Kuster, T.A., Ferge, L., and Highley, T.L. 1997. Protection of southern pine from fungal decay and termite damage with Na-N,,N-naphthaloylhydroxamine. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation 39 (2-3): 103-111.
- Grundlinger, R., and Exner, O. 1990. Tebuconazole - A new triazole fungicide for wood preservation. IRG/Document No. IRG/WP/3629.
- Hosseinihashemi, S.K., Nazari, L., Lashgari, A., and Salem, M.Z.M. 2015. Evaluation of inner bark extract of barberry stem and its synergy with propiconazole, EDTA, BHT, and their combinations against the white-rot fungus Trametesversicolor. BioResources, 11 (1): 1505-1517.
- Hosseini Hashemi, S.K., and Jahan Latibari, A. 2011. Evaluation and identification of walnut heartwood extractives for protection of poplar wood. BioResources, 6 (1): 59-69.
- Hughes, A.S. 2004. The tools at our disposal (Brussels: COST E22 environmental optimization of wood protection).
- Jensen, K.A., Houtman, C.J., Ryan, Z.C., and Hammel, K.E. 2001. Pathways for extracellular Fenton chemistry in the brown rot basidiomycete Gloeophyllum trabeum. Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 67: 2705-2711.
- Jiang, X., and Walker, L. 2007. Amine oxides for use in wood protection: I. A formulation adjuvant and performance enhancer for wood. The International Research Group on Wood Preservation. Doc. No. IRG/WP 07-30425.
- Kamdem, D.P. 2008. In development of commercial wood preservatives: Efficacy, environmental, and health issues. Schultz, T.P., Militz, H., Freeman, M.H., Goodell, B., Nicholas, D.D. eds. American Chemical Society: Washington, DC, 470-479.
- Kerem, Z., Jensen, K.A., and Hamel, K.E. 1999. Biodegradative mechanism of the brown rot basidiomycete Gloeophyllum trabeum: Evidence for an extracellular hydroquinone-driven Fenton reaction. FEBS Lett., 446 (1): 49-54.
- Leightley, L.E. 2003. Protection of wood using combinations of biocides. in Wood Deterioration and Preservation, ACS Symposium Series No. 845, ed. by Goodell, B., Nicholas, D.D., and Schultz, T. American Chemical Society, Washington, DC, pp. 390-398.
- Little, N.S., Schultz, T.P., and Nicholas, D.D. 2010. Termite-resistant heartwood. Effect of antioxidants on termite feeding deterrence and mortality. Holzforschung, 64: 395-398.
- Malakani, M., Khademieslam, H., Hosseinihashemi, S.K., and Zeinaly, F. 2014. Influence of fungal decay on chemi-mechanical properties of beech wood (Fagus orientalis). Cellulose Chemistry and Technology, 48 (1-2): 97-103.
- Ross, A.S. 2008. In development of commercial wood preservatives: Efficacy, environmental, and health issues. Schultz, T.P., Militz, H.,Freeman, M.H., Goodell, B., Nicholas, D.D. eds. American Chemical Society: Washington, DC, 470-479.
- Schauwecker, C.J., and Morrell, J.J. 2008. Use of antistain chemicals by softwood lumber producers in the western United States during 2006: A survey. Forest Products Journal, 58 (10): 52-55.
- Schultz, T.P., and Nicholas, D.D. 2008. Improving the performance of organic biocides by using economical and benign additives. In: Development of Commercial Wood Preservatives: Efficacy, Environmental and Health Issues, ACS Symp. Series 982; Schultz, Militz, Freeman, Goodell, and Nicholas (eds.), Amer. Chemical Society, Washington, DC, chap. 16.
- Schultz, T.P., Nicholas, D.D., Kirker, G.T., Prewitt, M.L., and Diehl, S.V.2006. Effect of the antioxidant BHT on reducing depletion of chlorothalonil and treated wood after 54 months of ground-contact exposure. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation, 57: 45-50.
- Schultz, T.P., Nicholas, D.D., Henry, W.P., Pittman, C.U., Wipf, D.O., and Goodell, B. 2005. Review of laboratory and outdoor exposure efficacy results of organic biocide: antioxidant combinations, an initial economic analysis and discussion of a proposed mechanism. Wood and Fiber Science, 37: 175-184.
- Schultz, T.P., and Nicholas, D.D. 2002. Development of environmentally benign wood preservatives based on the combination of organic biocides with antioxidants and metal chelators. Phytochemistry, 61 (5): 555-560.
- Schultz, T.P., and Nicholas, D.D. 2000. Naturally durable heartwood: Evidence for a proposed dual defensive function of the extractives. Phytochemistry, 54 (1): 47-52.
- Stirling, R., and Temiz, A. 2014. Fungicides and insecticides used in wood preservation. In: Schultz, T.P., Goodell, B., and Nicholas, D.D. (eds) Deterioration and protection of sustainable biomaterials. American Chemical Society Books. Washington, DC.
- Suttie, E., 1997. Novel wood preservatives, Chem. Ind. 18: 720-724.
- Tanaka, H., Itakura, S., and Enoki, A. 1999. Hydroxyl radical generation by an extracellular low molecular-weight substance and phenol oxidase activity during wood degradation by the white-rot basidiomycete Trametes versicolor. J. Biotechnol., 5 (1): 57-70.
- Valcke, A.R. 1989. Suitability of propiconazole (R 49362) as a new-generation fungicide.IRG/WP 3529. Conference: 89-05-22/26 Lappeenranta, Finland.
- Wustenhofer, B., Wegen, H.-W., Metzner, W. 1990. Tebuconazole, a new wood preserving fungicide, The International Research Group on Wood Preservation, paper prepared for the 21st Annual Meeting Rotorua, New Zealand.